Thursday, November 15, 2007

I Love Santa

Christmas came early for me this year...

I am now the new owner of a Macbook Pro and I couldn't be happier!  Don't get me wrong, I love my old laptop (Toshiba Satellite born in 2000), whom I affectionately named Polly (which is short for Miss Polly Prissy Pants).  I will love her always and I don't care what my hubby says...I am NOT throwing her out!  She may be old, but we've been through a lot together and she holds a special place in my heart.  Besides, she is still useful to me. 

What can I say...I'm a dork!

It has been a very long time since I have had a computer that I can call my own that works fast, seeing as the last one I bought (a desk top), my hubby took it over with his games as Polly didn't have the graphics card to support them.  With Polly, it was getting to the point where I would click on Internet Explorer and would be able to go into the kitchen, grab a cup of coffee, decorate it with cream & sugar, come back to the computer to see that I still have time to go to the bathroom!  It was crazy slow.  It was worse than dial up.  Then again, I can only expect so much from a 7 year old laptop who has lived longer than most of her friends.  It's comparable to that of a hamster with an average life of 2-4 years and having it live 8-10!  GO HAMSTER GO!

It is completely different going from PC to Mac.  Everything is named differently, the red x is in the left corner instead of the right, buttons & icons are smaller than those of a PC, the setup is wild!  I am loving the new experience and am catching on faster than I thought I would, seeing as I am one of those who learns better by doing/seeing, rather than reading.

I am also loving the NO VIRUS thing....LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!  No more back dooring, window smashing, dream invading viruses to worry about.  I am usually careful not to open strange things in my e-mails, etc... but this just makes me happy.  I am looking forward to some stress free computing.

Hopefully this will also help with the blogging side of things as now things will work in "real" time.  So, if I have to fix or edit something on here, it won't take me half an hour to do so.
   
I am still in the process of transferring things over, so any pictures and stuff will be a bit before I post them.

Once again, I am looking for/thinking of ideas on stuff to write about.  To-Do-Lists, Random Thoughts, Brain Farts, Mood Of The Day?  I dunno... but I will get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Until I see a photo of "said" Mac in your home, I will refuse to believe such a post and will continiue with the thought that you really want to be Sniper.

Oh, and I will also need to see a photo of Polly, just to make sure she is alive. We shared some tender moments too, ya know.