Monday, April 23, 2007

Topic # 2

My favorite baby-sitter.

My favorite baby-sitter's name was Leslie. She was like a big sister to me. Her Mom was a close family friend and a dance teacher. Leslie was also a dance teacher...MY dance teacher. She taught me both Jazz and Tap, so it was always a bonus when she came over to care for me because we'd rip back the carpet in the basement, dance our hearts out and have the best time.

Her Brother was a magician. I remember my 5th Birthday party where Garrett dazzled and amazed us all with his wicked cool magic! It rocked!

To me Leslie was just plain cool. We'd make popcorn and watch movies or late night TV and we'd listen closely for the sound of the car doors, which was our que to rush me off to bed. Even if my parents were onto us, they never let on. They loved her as if she was one of their own. Her family was so tight with ours my dad gave her a couple of nicknames (like he does with many). He lovingly referred to her as either "Lester" or "Tootsie-Boobs". Now, if that isn't a term of endearment I don't know what is!

Sometimes, I really miss being a kid.

I really miss Leslie.

No comments: